Mike Stevens | Jul 3, 2009

DESPITE THE DECISION last year to cancel the 2009 Brisbane Motor Show, and the economic downturn raising fears that 2010 might also pass it by, the event's organisers have announced the Show will return in February next year.

The 2010 Brisbane Motor Show will run for only five days - half as long as in previous years. Gary Fitz-Roy, Managing Director of Expertise Events which has signed a 10-year agreement to run the show, is confident the show will bring a level of entertainment and interactivity to the event unseen at any other motor show.

.

brisbane-motor-show_logo

“This Show is more than just cars, it is an entertainment spectacular which will appeal to a broad range of consumers from the young first time buyers, to families and the grey nomads,” Mr Fitz-Roy said.

Mr Fitz-Roy said that while the cars will remain the focus of the event, a stronger focus on entertainment, designed to appeal to all of the event's visitors, will create a richer environment for the Show.

Ian Field, Acting CEO of The Motor Trades Association of Queensland (MTAQ) said the new consumer-focused event will place a major emphasis on entertainment and interactivity between visitors and manufacturers.

brisbane-motor-show_02

Mr Field said that the current approach to running a motor show had proved to be too expensive in the current financial climate, costing manufacturers more than a million dollars to build and run a stand for the duration of a typical show. Something the new, shorter, more consumer-focussed event for Brisbane aims to address.

“It will return a great event to Brisbane’s major events calendar," Mr Field said.

The 2010 Brisbane Motor Show will run from February 3rd to 7th next year.

Follow Mike Stevens on Google+